PREORDER: Lawdawg (Black Reign MC) by Marteeka Karland #mcromance #agegap @changelingpress @marteekakarland

 


Published by Changeling Press
Cover Artist: Marteeka Karland
Genres/Themes: Motorcycle Club, Age Gap, Suspense, Contemporary Romance

Eden: The first time I saw Grady Bassett was when Samson brought Charlotte home. Turned out my brother’s woman is Grady’s daughter. Naturally, the man’s focus wasn’t on some camgirl at a MC he had no desire to be around. When he finally does notice me, he can’t see me for my position within the club -- a woman who has sex on camera for strangers. But I noticed him… and I’m a woman who knows what she wants.

Lawdawg: Eden's the most naturally sexy woman I’ve ever seen. Sure, I’d been worried sick about my daughter, but the second the danger to her was past, I became obsessed with Eden. I even downloaded every one of her videos. Which meant I binge watched. I gave Samson hell for wanting my daughter when he’s so much older, but now I’m in the same position. I need to let her go, to be the better man. But now I know Eden has an online stalker. He knows where she lives and who her friends are. Black Reign is compromised, so I reached out Cain at Bones MC. She might be young enough to be my daughter, but she’s still mine. No one will ever harm her. This stalker will have to go through me to even get close.


Preorder for March 25th at these retailers:


   


EXCERPT

All rights reserved.
Copyright ©2022 Marteeka Karland

“Do me a solid, will you?”

“Anything, sweetheart.”

“Don’t tell Samson. He’s got enough to worry about. I’m sure he’ll find out at some point, but I think he likes this girl he went after, and I don’t want him to concentrate on anything but her.”

“Can’t promise that, sweetheart, but I’ll give it a few days. Maybe we’ll get lucky, and Shotgun will nail this fucker.”

“OK.” It wasn’t the answer I wanted, but it was all I was getting. I was lucky Hardcase agreed to wait any length of time. And I knew Samson would have a shit fit when he found out. Then a thought struck me. “Maybe I need to lay low on the camming for a while.”

Hardcase sighed. “It might not be a bad idea. I didn’t want to suggest it, but…”

“Yeah. I get it. Let me think about it, but don’t put me on the schedule.”

“OK. We can talk about it later if you want to. I’ll see if Shotgun was able to find anything from this round.”

“Sounds like a plan,” I said, dressing before facing the two of them again. “I’m really sorry about this.”

“Not your fault, baby,” Iron said, sitting up. “We’ll get this bastard.”

I smiled. “I know.” Then I was off to see our guests. I shot Samson a text, making sure he’d taken the woman to Fury’s clinic. I hoped this was the woman for Samson. Lord knew he needed a good woman in his life. He was a good man. Any woman would be lucky to have someone so protective. As much as I loved my big brother, he needed someone to obsess over besides me. He tried to stay out of my life, but he was a little intense sometimes.

I jogged to the back entrance where I could hear the various vehicles and bikes rolling in. That’s where I’d find this woman’s father.

I wasn’t exactly sure what I was expecting, but the man who jumped out of the big-ass F-450 wasn’t it. He was older -- maybe mid to late forties. Though he had a large frame, it looked like it was all muscle and sinew. Not an ounce of fat. He was dressed in faded jeans and a black T-shirt that looked like it might give under the strain of his muscles.

And he looked pissed as fuck.

The Black Reign men who’d pulled in ahead of this man were headed off on their own. This guy looked around, clearly frustrated to be left with no direction. He got a determined look on his face that said he was about to tear this place apart. So I ran up to him. Out of sorts and still trembling from the appearance of my stalker, I tried my best to look like I wanted to be there helping him.

“Hey!” I called, running up to him.

“I don’t have time for this horse shit,” he muttered before turning to me with an exasperated expression. “What do you want?” He sounded as angry as he looked, and it kind of pissed me off because I knew exactly what he was getting at. I was a club girl -- therefore I was looking to fuck the new fish.

“Not what you think or what you’ll be begging for later,” I snapped. “But I will take you to your daughter. Of course, I’m just assuming you’re the father of the woman my brother and his men risked their lives rescuing.”

Instantly the man’s full attention was on me, those glacier-green eyes boring into me like daggers. “You’re Samson’s sister.” It wasn’t a question.

“I am. Do you want to see your daughter or not?”

He gave me a once-over, his gaze drifting from my face down my body before returning to meet my eyes once more. “Yeah. You know where she is?”

I held up my phone. “We youngsters have a thing called text messaging nowadays.”

His scowl deepened. “Just get the fuck on with it.”

“My, my, my. So touchy.” But I headed off in the direction of Fury’s clinic. The walk was short, but I jogged in that direction, just to piss off the big guy. He kept pace with me easily, his long strides eating up the ground better than mine.

When we reached the clinic, I paused outside. He looked like he’d rather just burst in, but I stood in front of him, blocking his path. “You don’t go into Fury’s clinic without knocking unless you’re recently missing a limb. Even then it’s not a good idea.”

“If my daughter’s in there, I could give a good Goddamn,” he snapped, trying to get around me again.

“Just hold up! It costs you nothing to be polite and barging inside like a bat out of hell might make whatever is going on in there worse. Just chill!”

He might have just pushed past me if Noelle, Fury’s ol’ lady, hadn’t opened the door. She glanced at the guy before looking at me. “Your brother’s fine, Eden.” She looked up at our guest. “So’s Charlotte, Sheriff Bassett.” She stepped away from the door and motioned for us to enter. “Try not to make any loud noises or sudden movements. She’s a bit traumatized.”

“Sheriff, huh?” I chuckled. “Lawdawg.”


Comments