TAKEN BY THE BRATVA by Paige Warren and Harley Wylde #darkromance #MafiaRomance @AuthorPaigeW @HarleyW_Writer



She’s been used. Broken.

Scarred inside and out, she tries to hide. But I see her.

There’s a fire burning deep inside. One they haven’t extinguished.

Imogen Byrnes is going to be mine.

I’ll show her there can be pleasure with pain. Freedom in submission.

I’m a monster. Her monster.

I’ll bend her to my will.

Break her in new ways.

Then I’ll put her back together.

My beautiful, broken girl will be in my bed, and she’ll wear my ring.

Once she’s mine, I’m never letting her go.

Taken by the Bratva a stand-alone short novella with a limited plot, lots of steamy sex, and a guaranteed happily-ever-after. No cheating and no cliffhanger. Please be warned there is forced consent and some scenes may trigger sensitive readers.


Preorder for February 23rd


EXCERPT

©2021, Harley Wylde & Paige Warren

The day Pavel had taken his wife in payment for a debt, things had changed. He still ruled with an iron fist, but he’d grown soft when it came to women. Which was why he’d put me in charge of the brothels. He no longer had the stomach for using women who hadn’t volunteered. Most of our stable contained young women who’d been taken to cancel a debt, much like his wife Rianne. Except she’d never graced the halls of our brothels. No, Pavel had wanted her for himself.

I checked over the books one last time before getting up from the desk in the small office. I made my way to the front, admiring the women lounging in various rooms. We catered to all types in our establishments, which meant our women varied in age, size, and race as well. At the end of the day, it didn’t matter. They were all whores. Even if they hadn’t been in the beginning, it’s what we’d made them.

Normally, I’d partake of a little entertainment after working so hard, but I had places to be. A few debts hadn’t been paid and the men were dragging their feet, which meant I needed to see what leverage we could find. Most responded to pain, or rather they did anything they could to avoid it. Some didn’t care one way or the other.

Sean Byrnes was my first stop. I wasn’t sure which category he fell into, but I’d learn soon enough. I’d had men watching him and now knew his every move. The man was nothing if not predictable.

By the time I reached my stop, I was wishing I’d delayed long enough to at least have one of the whores suck me off. Too late now, but I could always go back later. For the moment, I leaned against a brick building and watched the restaurant across the street. Byrnes sat at a table with a young woman and two men who I knew were part of the Mancini Family. It seemed Byrnes owed more than the Bratva.

The way he motioned at the woman, and the vacant expression on her face, I knew exactly what he’d done. He’d brought her as a bribe, or a way to cancel his debt to them. I was curious if they’d accept. I couldn’t let them hurt Byrnes before I got my hands on him. The man was neck deep with the Bratva, and there was no way Pavel would let him walk without paying in cash or blood.

When they’d concluded their business, Byrnes stood and shook the men’s hands. I noticed the woman remained as he walked off, but two of his men stayed behind. Thne Mancini’s men stood and gripped the woman’s arms, leading her from the restaurant. They shoved her into a limo and drove away, with Byrnes’ two men following in a black car.

It seemed she was his get out of debt card, which meant chances were good he’d offer Pavel the same deal. I hadn’t gotten a good look at the woman, but what I’d seen intrigued me. There’s been no passion, no fire or anger. Just… nothing. What would it take to make her break? To make her fight back?

I smiled, hoping I’d get the chance to find out. One way or another, she was going to be mine.

 



 

Comments

Post a Comment