Lonely Eyes by Bernadette Jones #RomanticSuspense #ActionAdventure #contemporary @RomanceBJones

 

 


Cover art by Cassandra Hsieh and Cat & Doxie


There is an art to pursuit.

Keira is running out of time. The handsome stranger with a dragon tattoo says he can keep her safe, but he doesn't know the demons on her trail... Will her mysterious past lead her to escape, or drag her back to living hell?

Owen Strong has suffered tragedy, but he’s made a new family in Spencer, Colorado—one he will protect at all costs. When he finds determined Keira Hoa, she rouses more than just trouble. Looking into her lonely eyes, he sees that everyone's in danger.

But she’s come to the right place. He’s the monster hunter.

 

Get it today!

 

EXCERPT

All rights reserved.

Copyright 202, Bernadette Jones

 

He continued to study her, then decided to take a chance. “I’m going to assume you’re running from something or someone. Truthfully, you suck at hiding. You’ve got the right ideas, but your execution is bad. You can stay here and I’ll teach you, or you can take off again. My guess, you won’t last two days before ‘whoever is after you’ finds you. From what I can tell, you’re scared, broke, and alone.”

She plucked at the wristband on her cotton shirt, refusing to meet his gaze.

“Come clean with me. I can help. If they’re out to harm you, I know how to protect you. I can teach you to survive.”

Raising her gaze, she met his. “What do you get? What will it cost me for your noble gesture? Free labor? Free sex?”

Owen was surprised by the fire and anger in her response. On the plus side, it was a good sign that she could learn and survive. Downside, someone had hurt her, and she’d lost all trust. “All I expect in return is that you respect my home and my friends, that you pick up after yourself, and you do me the courtesy of not stealing anything. You do anything illegal on my property and I’ll personally turn you in. You’re welcome to any food you find in the refrigerator. You can sleep down here or follow me upstairs and sleep on the couch. Upstairs is air-conditioned. My friends will be here at seven in the morning.”

He headed for the stairs at the far side of the barn.

“I can’t pay you.”

Owen turned to face her. “I’m not asking for money. Or free labor. Or sex. I don’t know what scum you’re running from, but I’m not like them. If you want my help, ask.”



ABOUT BERNADETTE JONES

 

Romantic Suspense Writer, Never Give Up-er,

First Wives Club-er, Lifelong Dream Achiever & Mom

Bernadette Jones has been making up stories since she learned to read on her daddy’s lap. She has imagined casts of characters everywhere she's called home: Texas, Oregon, Washington, South Dakota, Nebraska, Illinois, Massachusetts, and now New York.

After a career in corporate writing, she’s decided to settle down and put pen to paper doing what she loves. Living the dream in her NYC apartment with her canine companion, she’s bringing her stories and characters to life.

Her heroes have seen the good and experienced the evil in this world, and they aren’t afraid to do what needs to be done. They protect what’s theirs and go to the wall for what they believe.  Loyalty to those they call family is their binding creed. 

They work hard, play hard, love hard. The women who choose them understand who they are, and are strong enough to hold their own.  They too realize…


“We are all of us walking a razor’s edge between darkness and light” ~ Ichabod

 

Recommended for mature adults 18+, due to language, violence, sex and subjects that may be difficult for some readers. 

 

Amazon 5 Star reviewer

“If you like your romance with a lot of suspense and a hefty dose of steam, then Lonely Eyes—or really anything by Bernadette Jones—is for you. Jones has an uncanny knack for painting her scenes with an urgency that has the reader at the edge of their seat. Every time I pick up one of her books, I’m sucked immediately into the action and the pages just fly by. Her characters are believably flawed, grow beautifully, and the bedroom scenes are turn-the-fan-on hot.


Visit Bernadette online:      WebsiteFacebook  |  InstagramTwitter  | Goodreads    



 

Comments