Christmas in July -- or just a shopping addiction?

It's Christmas in July!

Wait... that wasn't Santa. It was an Amazon delivery truck parked outside the house.

Actually, it's payday so I ordered a bunch of the stuff I've had on my wishlists. Some of it's for my new office. I mean, that makes it a necessity, right? Although ti felt like Christmas considering how much arrived today.

You should have seen the look on my husband's face when the Amazon delivery truck arrived and box after box was carried up to the porch. I may have gotten a teensy bit carried away. Maybe. I have to admit the free Prime delivery is a HUGE benefit with as much online shopping as I do, even before the pandemic. I'd much rather buy something with a few clicks of a button, my pajamas, and not have to leave the house. It's too people-y out there.

I ordered these lovely floating shelves to put above my printer so I could display some collectibles in my office. The figures weren't from Amazon. I've had them for a little while, but it wouldn't surprise me if you could find them there. I think they have nearly everything.

As for the shelves (pictured below), my husband ordered some first for his man cave. Said they were super easy to install, and they hold up to 20lbs, so I decided I needed some too. They're 24" long so they're great for smaller spaces, and I believe they have some that are even smaller.




Like those? I do... They're awesome :) Wish I had room for more of them.  Click Here to check them out.

Actually, my desk, tall bookshelves, swag organizer, and printer cart all came from Amazon as well. There's very few things in my office that I didn't buy from there. I tend to buy a lot of my shipping supplies, office supplies, books, music, movies... heck, there isn't much I don't buy from Amazon. I even bought my daughter's laptop for college at Amazon. So the Prime shipping is a super big benefit for me. I'm scared to think of how much I'd have paid in shipping this year alone.

Sign-up for a FREE trial of Amazon Prime


Which laptop did I get my daughter?

Well, I personally love Lenovo computers. My work desktop, and my work laptop, are both Lenovo. So when my daughter needed a new laptop for college, I got her one too. The one pictured below doesn't have quite the same specs. I ordered the one with 8GB RAM and the 256GB solid state drive, so it was a teensy bit more. You can select different amounts of RAM and large or smaller solid state drives at the listing.





It's similar to the Lenovo laptop I use for writing as well. I wouldn't try putting Photoshop on there, but it's great for running office and browsing the internet.

I have some very bad news for my husband... more Amazon boxes are arriving tomorrow. We had a house fire last year and lost just about all of our movies, books, clothes... we're slowly replacing stuff, so I tend to keep an eye on price drops. I have 3 movies coming tomorrow, restocked my laundry stuff (because the stores seem to always be out), and my eye drops -- because sitting at a computer as long as I do every day dries my poor eyes out horribly.

Good thing he'll be at work when my organizer arrives. I always like to see how long it takes him to realize there's something new in the house.




Comments